Eureka Video Widget

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Endorsements

Remember when Wayne Grudem came out endorsing Mitt Romney calling him a consistent conservative? That was laughable. It's hard to believe he actually believed Mitt Romney was a consistent conservative. Gotta scratch your head over that one. I don't care what Grudem or most people have to say. Maybe I'd pay attention to who Billy Joel endorses, but certainly not Oprah. We can't ignore Mike Huckabee benefiting from the Colbert Bump.

Now here's a ticket: Billy Joel/Jimmy Buffet for president campaign! Yeah! I'd vote for that. Heck, I still want Stephen Colbert to be president. Now that would be great...we'd all be able to laugh even in the face of tragedy. Oh, South Carolina, why did you let me down?

Here is my question for you: Do you care about endorsements? Does it matter if it is a theologian? Does it matter if it is a politician? A newspaper? A celebrity?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only endorsements I have ever taken seriously have been from my Dad or my pastor. Other than that, I can't think of a time when an endorsement meant anything at all to me.

Brian said...

I don't take endorsements too seriously...

James Pate said...

Well, Chuck Norris' endorsement almost got me going for Huckabee.