Eureka Video Widget

Friday, February 15, 2008

Bible Meme

Ryan tagged me with the Bible meme. So, here we go:


1. What translation of the Bible do you like best?

You know, I just love Scripture and I am thankful for any translation I can get a hold of...ok...enough of the self-righteousness...

NIV...it's readable and I'm just used to it because it is used so much. I'm also fond of the TNIV.

2. Old or New Testament?

New Testament.

3. Favorite Book of the Bible?

John or Philippians

4. Favorite Chapter?

John 1, 2 Cor 4, and Phil 2 or 3

5. Favorite Verse? (feel free to explain yourself if you have to)

Jeremiah 20:9
But if I say, “I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,”his word is in my heart like a fire,a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in;indeed, I cannot.

6. Bible character you think you’re most like?

I don't think I'm really like any Bible character, so I took two quick online profiles...came out as Peter and Solomon. The profile that came out with Peter says, "You are Peter! You are a natural leader, always with something to say, always ready to take charge. You're someone who can get things done. Sometimes you put your foot in your mouth, however..." I don't know about the rest of it, but the "foot in your mouth" part is absolutely right!

7. One thing from the Bible that confuses you?

Just one? 1Ti 2:15 But women will be saved through childbearing

8. Moses or Paul?

Hmmmm....Paul. Moses is scarier. I keep imagining him breaking the tablets.

9. A teaching from the Bible that you struggle with or don’t get?

End times stuff, fer shure.

10. Coolest name in the Bible?

Mephibosheth.

If there were someone named Chimichanga, I would have chosen that.

Now tag five people...

I tag people whose names begin with B, J, M, S, and R.

No comments: