Eureka Video Widget

Sunday, December 30, 2007

10th Anniversary





Today is a very special day. It marks ten years of togetherness and companionship. Ten years ago, on New Year's Eve Eve Pascal and I became companions. By Pascal I am not referring to the philosopher/scientist/theologian. By Pascal I am referring to my furry feline friend.

It has been a great ten years. I truly believe that God brought us together. A friend of mine was going to buy a cat, and I went with her. As she was looking at these kittens, Pascal walked up to me and meowed at me. My friend bought her and another cat. She let me name her cats, and I chose the names Pascal and Soren (yes, the obvious). It probably isn't a good sign when you let someone else name your pets. A couple of weeks later I called her and told her I was going to get a cat, and she asked me if I wanted Pascal. I jumped all over that. That was New Year's Eve Eve ten years ago.

It's been great. As a kitten she had the biggest ears (proof is in the pictures above), but she grew into them quite nicely. She still plays with pieces of the long furry toy she is chewing on in the second picture above. At night she jumps into bed with me and places her head on my hand for a few minutes before we go to sleep. In the morning, she places her head on my hand and we bond a few minutes before getting out of bed. She does not like it when other things preoccupy my attention. She should get it all. When taking Hebrew, I recall a day when she sprawled out across my texts while I was studying. It was a welcome distraction. When I was writing my thesis project she would sit at my feet while I was working at the computer, often keeping my feet warm.

I thank God that he brought me such a wonderful little buddy. She truly is a wonderful little gift from God.

The picture below is the anniversary present I bought her. Whew! I'm glad she liked it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, it is so wonderful to hear about someone who is as ocd about their cat as i am about mine!